1. All films must be submitted by 13 December 2022. Any entries received after this date will not be considered.
2. By submitting an entry to the competition, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and guidelines. Receipt of entry by Cànan/MG ALBA amounts to acceptance of the rules.
3. All entries must be U/PG rated as specified by the BBFC guidelines and Cànan/MG ALBA reserve the right to refuse entries submitted that, through content or language, are considered by Cànan/MG ALBA as offensive, defamatory, profane or pornographic.
4. Entries submitted to the competition must be in the Scottish Gaelic language. It is not a condition of entry that Gaelic be the language of the production process, however, Gaelic must be the language of the end product. English content or content in other languages, where necessary and relevant will be allowed at the discretion of the judges.
5. Submissions to the Open Category must be between 0 and 5 minutes long. Youth Category films must be between 0 and 5 minutes long. Submissions longer or shorter than the specified running time will not be accepted.
6. The decisions of the judges are final. Neither correspondence nor discussion concerning any decision shall be entered into.
7. FilmG Open is open to anyone over the age of 18, while FilmG Youth is open to anyone in high school or primary school.
8. Entrants consent to being filmed, interviewed and recorded by Cànan/MG ALBA where required for marketing and PR purposes for the competition and agree to sign FilmG’s consent forms.
9. Entrants shall consent to grant non-exclusive, unlimited online, DVD and broadcast use of work submitted to the competition to MG ALBA unless otherwise agreed.
10. There must be no agreement with any other person, which shall in any way interfere with any rights granted to MG ALBA.
11. Cànan/MG ALBA reserve the right to refuse any entry to the competition for any reason at their absolute discretion.
12. The description of the awards prizes and selection process in any competition literature or other medium is not binding and may be changed by Cànan/MG ALBA. We may make additional awards or prizes but shall not be obliged to make any award or prize if it is considered inappropriate to do so.
13. Employees of MG ALBA/Cànan may enter a film to the competition for a judges’ critique and their films will be shown online, but they are ineligible for any prizes.
14. Cànan/MG ALBA reserve the right to refuse entry if the technical specifications listed on the FilmG website are not adhered to. Please read the Technical Specifications page carefully before making a submission.
15. Entrants must obtain appropriate consent from all contributors.
16. Cànan/MG ALBA will refuse entries that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others including unauthorised copyright text, music, images or programmes, trade secrets or other confidential information.